Monday, June 20, 2005

Living in the present moment

Was I able to follow my own advice today? I went for my usual hike/run today, and it was in the mid-90s when I got to the park. By all rights today, I should have felt like I was going to melt into a puddle of goo. I felt that way last week under similar conditions, but I forged on as I always do. But somehow today was different. I felt great! Sure it was hot and I was sweating up a storm. But it didn't bother me. Every step was fabulous! I had energy to burn and I felt great even during the running portions. The time went by so quickly,much to my dismay, that I went back and tackled the 'Big Hill' a second time. I felt both energetic and serene at the same time. I enjoyed the sounds of the gentle breeze through the trees and the crunch of my feet on the gravel path. I enjoyed the scenery even more than usual too...and it's scenery that I've seen hundreds of times. But it was no matter. What a wonderful hike! Was it so wonderful because I was present in each moment? Or was I just having a good day? Does it really even matter either way? This I don't know. Will I be able to feel this way again tomorrow...and how about the next day? I guess I won't know until I try. And try I must...that's all I can do.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger E said...

Ewww...some might think you are sick.

But splendid that you a good day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home