Monday, September 19, 2005

Ahhh...the checks are starting to roll in...

When Sarah came over to work yesterday, I had a nice surprise for her. A nice big fat check! On Friday the company received a couple of good sized checks for some of the work that we did in late July and early August. Yipee.

So I made a big deposit into the company account and a nice deposit to the personal account. Somehow seeing the cash starting to roll in renergized me some and helped my waning motivation level.

Even Sarah couldn't burst my bubble by remarking that it was too bad that our big personal checks were already spent to pay bills. I told her that actually having the ability to pay some bills off was exciting enough for me right now and that we'll get more paychecks like these in the future which we'll be able to enjoy and save or spend.

I would love it if we can keep this pace with the incoming work. If so, my personal bills will be paid off in no time. So I'm really looking forward to our upcoming projects. And I'm hoping that we do get an opportunity to do some environmental work in New Orleans. From what I've seen and heard, there's lots of contamination to assess and later clean-up. Right now all the huge environmental companies are getting part of that work, so it would be quite a coup if our small women-owned environmental company could get a teeny tiny slice of the environmental pie. We're working on it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home