Sunday, September 25, 2005

Stuff...

Okay, it's almost October and it's about a million bazillion degrees out today! I think that we're gonna break a heat record today. And to top it off, it's a bit breezy and ordinarily the breeze helps, but it only feels like a hot wind. I would have much preferred if we set a record for a record low today. I mean how low could the record low be for late September be....50 degrees? I'll take it!

A new open air mall opened nearby called The Shops at La Cantera. La Cantera is the shee-shee hotel golf resort located across from the Shops. Mom, my sister and me went to check it out on Friday and had a nice lunch. Of course the mall was packed. So it's a million bazillion degrees, but what kinds of clothes are available in the stores? Well I need shorts and short sleeved shirts...can I buy those now? Nope. But I'm all set if I need any wool pants or a wool coat!!! Hello....this is San Antonio....it doesn't get cold enough for wool anything until Thanksgiving or sometimes not until Christmas....if even then!!!

And that brings me to my next complaint....I stopped into Lowes today and practically ran into the Christmas trees! The scary thing is that stores started putting some christmas stuff out weeks ago.I absolutely hate that. Halloween is still a month away and there's Christmas stuff out. I tell you that retailers overdo the Christmas thing and it has now turned into at least a 3 month season if not more. Last year I was so oversaturated on Christmas that I couldn't wait for it to come only so that it would be over!

And my last pet peeve for the day! So I'm standing in Lowes looking at something and I hear this very loud shuffling on the floor...it was so loud I figured it was a kid scuffing their feet along. I turn around to look and it's this woman shuffling along practically like she's cross country skiing!! I really wanted to go over and ask her why she can't pick her feet up! That foot shuffling thing has always really bothered me. Pick up your feet!!!

You might think by reading this post that I'm grouchy today, well the irony is that I've been in a really good mood all day. In fact I've been grinning practically the whole time while writing this. I've been in such a good mood that I think Sarah was wondering at work what was up with me today! Well last night I had a dream that I had sex with a celebrity and the dream was very vivid and very pleasant! I woke up in this good mood and still feel great even now. So I can only conclude that apparently dream sex can have the same effect on your mood as actual sex!! Here's for hoping for a repeat of last night....tonight!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger E said...

...uh a little early for Xmas stuff.

You do sound a tad grouchy...but we will get over it. Mostly since you are not.

Good Luck for a repeat tonight and ...who was the celebrity...*grin*.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home