Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Food Cravings...

Normally food cravings are no big deal for me. I usually crave something chocolate or something fruity, which is no big deal. I usually have something chocolate everyday even if it's only a Hershey's Kiss. But for the last couple of days I've been craving something that is a downright no-no for a vegetarian. I can almost smell and taste Popeye's spicy fried chicken and mashed potatoes with meat gravy in my mind. And it's driving me a little crazy!

My transition to vegetarianism was relatively easy and uneventful. My period was affected the first two months, but no complaints in that department since the result was a light and abbreviated cycle! I realized I just needed to increase my protein consumption. Before I became a vegetarian, I considered myself meat-lite. I mostly ate grilled chicken or deli meats about three times a week. On occasion I would have fried chicken, but not that often. I do miss chicken enchiladas, salami, and hot dogs very much though. Cheese enchiladas with my favorite verde sauce have been an acceptable substitute though and most restaurants are accomodating since most cheese enchiladas don't come with the verde sauce. I found some really good veggie hot dogs that have a good texture and taste. No luck on simulated salami though!

Since fried chicken has never been on my must have food list, this craving has me a bit thrown. I can't get it out of my head either. Perhaps it's just something fatty that I crave or maybe something fried. I may have to get some batter fried veggies later at the store to try if this craving doesn't leave me be!!

Oh why oh why couldn't this craving be for a donught or something?! Well, I guess I'll try and shift my focus and see this in a positive light. My resolve and committment to this path are simply being tested. And this craving will go away...and soon I hope. Maybe I'll try and distract myself with something else. Oh well...such is life!

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger E said...

Go find some damn good carmels...that will do it...*grin*. Hold strong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home