Saturday, July 09, 2005

Naps are a wonderful thing!

I worked in the yard this morning and early afternoon for about three hours. Phew it was hot, but once I broke into a good sweat and got into a good rhythm, it wasn't bad. Call me crazy. I weeded the back flower bed, mowed the yard, and weeded and yanked out all the cosmos from the front flower bed. Moved the potted tomatoes which are really starting to crank out the tomatoes. And watered all the flowering plants. I guzzled down about a quart of gatorade in the process.

After my shower, I zoomed up to Target to pick up a few things and by the time I got home at a little after 3 pm you'd think I had run a marathon. Working in the yard in the heat got to me, so I decided to lay down to rest my eyes for a few minutes.

Once I closed my eyes, I felt myself drift into that pleasant twilight state in between wakefulness and sleep and then boom. I passed out. Ah it was so nice! There's just something so wonderful about a nice nap. I slept for a little over an hour and woke up refreshed. I can't remember the last time I had a nap, but I miss them. I used to nap all the time. I guess my life has gotten too busy for naps, and it seems to have happened without me realizing it. Maybe it's time to reevaluate a few things and put a nap in the schedule here and there. Or just work outside in the heat enough so I won't have a choice but to nap.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger E said...

ooo...naps be good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home