Sunday, July 17, 2005

Yeeha...it's raining!

Normally I don't cheer when it rains. Sure I enjoy a rainy day now and then, but I don't crave the rain like a certain Seattle-ite!! But it's been six weeks without rain here with temperatures hovering near 100 each day without a cloud in the sky.The mud cracks are huge and the grass is becoming crunchy! And the aquifer levels are dropping rapidly. We really need rain!

I've been begging and pleading with this certain someone to put her rain mojo to good use and send some rain this way. She told me she'd see what she could do. Well it took a little while, which is understandable of course. The rain vibes had to travel from Seattle all the way to San Antonio. Plus she's probably never had to use her rain mojo for such a far away place! Well my friend, the rain goddess, did it!! One nice heavy, but short rain shower has come through and the skies are darkening once again with thunder sounding in the distance. Yeeha...more rain on the way!

After going so long without any rain, I can see why my friend loves it so much. Although I'm sure that if it rains for too many days, I'll be back to craving my sunny days. But until then, I'm glad for the rain and thankful to my rain goddess for sending rain my way!

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger E said...

Enjoy it baby, cause I'm gonna want it back really soon! The sun seems to be sticking to my city, which be fine on short term only...*grin*.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home