Friday, July 08, 2005

Thoughts and Prayers

My thoughts and prayers go out today to the lost and injured souls caught in the terrorist bombings in London yesterday. The attack was an act of both cruelty and cowardice. I can't comprehend the thought processes of these monsters that think nothing of taking innocent lives in the name of their cause. It makes no sense. That kind of anger, hate, and violence makes no sense at all. And they do it all in the name of their religion and their God. Oh how they've strayed off the path of truth.

I hope that our President doesn't use this terrible attack as an excuse to ratchet up the Patriot Act. While we all fear and loathe the loss of life at the hands of the terrorists, we all fear and loathe the potential loss of our freedom and civil rights as well. A loss of our hard won freedoms and rights will surely result in a slow death to our souls. And the terrorists will have won. So let's hope that cooler heads prevail during this crisis.

I end this post with a sorrowful heart and send all my kind and loving thoughts for the victims and their family and friends.

2 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to all victims of violence and oppression. I don't think we should judge so quickly though, we don't know who did it YET, plus Muslims have condemned these acts, so we shouldn't be such a media-fed world and believe that they are Islamic terrorists, because simply Islam and terrorism do not co-exist. Terrorism has no faith, colour or religion, it attacks anyone regardless. I hope they are found and brought to justice, and I pray we can live in a better, peaceful world.

Thanks for the thoughts dear.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Agreed. However, I made no statement about Islam. What I was trying to say is that it upsets me greatly that in the course of the violence that terrorists in general proclaim their acts justified in the name of their religion. And I meant whatever religion that they have a corrupted view. That was my point. Middle Eastern terrorists certainly don't have a corner on the corrupted views of their religion. There are plenty of so-called Christians with corrupted religious views as well.

My point is that anyone that commits a violent act in the name of God or their religion has a corrupted view of whatever their religion is whether it is Christianity, Islam or Judaism. They have lost their way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home