Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Commander in Chief...

Okay so I don't really watch much tv except for HGTV on the weekend, and channel surfing now and then. During one of my channel surfing days, I saw the ad for Geena Davis' new show Commander in Chief. I'm not a big Geena Davis fan, but I admit the idea of a show about the first American woman President intrigued me.

The show was on last night and I must say that it was a bit over the top with the drama and the music was distracting and overly dramatic yet despite these things I still kinda liked it. I really liked Geena Davis' performance. She gave a very relaxed and understated performance which I found compelling. I'm sure that her performance was tied to how her character, Madam President, was written. I like this President.

This President's adversaries of course don't. In this first episode, they made the greatest error of mistaking her kindness for weakness. Like far too many people, her adversaries have mistakenly concluded that strength and compassion are mutually exclusive. Added to these qualities are her intelligence, thoughtfulness, and calmness. Did I mention that I liked this character?

It was refreshing to see the first woman President not written in a stereotype fashion such as an iron handed ruler or ice queen.

I've never been a big Geena Davis fan, but I may become one. I think she's in her late 40s and let me tell you she looks good!! I'll probably watch the show again next week, and I have a feeling that Ms. Davis may be starring in some of my upcoming dreams!!

3 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Geena looks pretty darned good too! Your entry was good. I'll be back.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger E said...

Yes she be excellent. I however unlike you already really like her...can we say "Long Kiss Goodnight"...yes.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

I watched the encore presentation of the pilot and was pleasantly surprised. Sure it'll have plenty of moments of high cheese but those can be fun. I'll keep watching this show if it stays fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home