Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Dang, no Geena tonight...

Dang, I didn't get my dose of Geena lust...er I mean admiration tonight. Commander in Chief wasn't on tonight. I guess I shoulda known what with it being a holiday week and all, but I only have two must see tv shows a week and neither is on this week. Since I didn't get my dose of Geena, I guess I'll just have to find something else to lust after....I mean admire.

Ha, and there's some silliness brewing around my President Geena. Some folks actually think the show is some kind of set-up or advertisement for Hillary! Ha, there are absolutely no similarities between Senator Hillary and President Geena. For one thing, hello, it's a tv show. Second, there is no way that Hillary is as smart or even has the same views as my President. And come on folks even if it were an ad for Hillary, she's gonna need a lot more than a tv show to be elected. You can call me crazy, but I don't think Hillary is President material, and I don't think she's gonna be our first woman president.

I'm going to make my own little prediction here. The first woman president is not going to be a Democrat. In order to cross party lines and win an election, I think that our first woman president is gonna have to be either a moderate Republican or an Independent. And I don't mean any yucky Republican candidates like Elizabeth Dole, she's gonna have to be a 45 to 55-ish up and coming star in the moderate Republican ranks. Emphasis on Moderate! Just think about it. Democrats are more likely to cross party lines in voting than Republicans. And I'll make the same prediction about the first black president too. He/She is gonna have to be a moderate Republican like a Colin Powell type. And hell no, I don't mean Condi either! She's too closely associated with Dubya.

By the way, I'm an Independent and I've voted for what I've believed was the best candidate in each election whether they were a Democrat, Republican. Libertarian, or Independent. Oh yeah I forgot the Green Party. Yep that's what I did!! No Green Party for me.

Okay I'm off to find a Geena substitute. As if?! In the meantime, I open the floor to debate.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger E said...

Being gay and having a daughter will clearly make my decision easy to vote each and every time until the Republican Party changes its social views.

I May be more fiscally conservative then many of the democrats, but there is now way in hell I will vote for a republican. Their platform has been very consistent on denying my rights as a citizen and those rights as a parent, let alone the environment, hence easy choice. Sadly I do not always vote for a candidate I like or believe in, however the better of two evils.

As for Hilary...I hope not, but one truly never knows. Sadly I agree with your prediction of the future presidents in terms of diversity.

Once again though I would still not vote for them until the platform changes direction in a big way. Fairness for everyone and every religion, even if it means no religion. At this point I do not believe that will occur in my lifetime, so one can hold out hope it can occur in my daughters lifetime.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Renee said...

Well put. Privacy, Civil Rights, and the Environment are very important to me and Republicans are generally lacking in these issues. I, too, have voted too many times for the lesser of two evils candidate.But that was the only choice.

I think both parties have HUGE problems and both have alienated a good portion of the voting public and turned them off to the process in general.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home