Monday, November 21, 2005

Just this....

For no special reason, today was very good day. Sarah and I got a lot done on our respective reports. And the work and writing seem to flow fairly effortlessly. We also had a very nice lunch which included nice conversation, but that's no surprise since we never seem to run out of things to chat about. In the afternoon, I went to the park for my hike. And I forgot that many people are on vacation this week so the park was busier than I like, but surprisingly that didn't bug me today. I realized at one point while walking briskly through the dense woods how much I was enjoying the day. It was a beautiful sunny Fall day in the 60s with hardly any humidity. Lots of the leaves have fallen and the park had that wonderful Fall smell to it. My hiking felt effortless today and I had energy to spare. I didn't let myself run any of the trails today, but instead I felt the need to enjoy it walking briskly instead. At the risk of sounding ridiculously corny, I had a moment while hiking where I had the feeling through and through of how wonderful it feels to be alive. I don't know how else to describe it than that.

The whole day seemed to be one of those life affirming days where everything just feels right. I'm not sure if it's simply that my good mood converged with beautiful weather today or if it's something more. I suspect or maybe just hope it was something more. Regardless...it was a lovely day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home