Saturday, October 08, 2005

Staying focused on the present...

I would have to say that staying focused in the here and now is one of my biggest challenges. The funny thing is that the busier I am the easier it is to stay in the present and stay focused in the now. But maybe that isn't correct either and I'm mistaken. Maybe when I get so busy like I have been the time passes so quickly as I try to keep up that I think I'm focusing on the present when all I'm doing is keeping my mind busy. Hmmm, this is something to think about more.

Today is my day off this week and it's shaping up to be a beautiful day. I don't have anything really planned for the day thinking that I would take it easy and usually that's okay for me. But today I feel my mind reaching and yearning for a future that's still off in the distance. Doh...it's days like today that I wonder if my patience is nothing more than a carefully constructed house of cards which is wobbling in the breeze.

I think it's time for another internal pep talk because I don't want to waste this beautiful day stewing and yearning for the future. I know the future is coming, and things will work out one way or the other. But my mind is restless today...perhaps the best course is to let it run its course instead of trying to rein it in and suppress the feelings.

Doh....I feel so antsy.....but I know it'll pass....it's that patience thing again.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For your consideration on this day of flagging patience...

"Patience and fortitude conquer all" - Emerson

"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." - Emerson

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet" - Aristotle

"Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears." - Barbara Johnson

Patience, Grasshopper :) That which you seek will be along soon enough.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Renee said...

I tell you what....I really feel like stripping my gears today! But I'm keeping it in idle. Those are good thoughts....thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home