Thursday, June 23, 2005

I must be tired still...

I got a good night's rest last night and woke up refreshed. Or so I thought anyway. As the day wore on I noticed that I had trouble concentrating and this lasted all day. I also felt a bit unsettled all day and I don't know why. Could I still be tired from babysitting the twinklets yesterday? Or is it something more?

By the afternoon, I thought my usual hike/run would be just what I needed to clear the cobwebs! No cobweb clearing today. From the very beginning of my hike, I felt myself dragging. Boy what a difference from Monday and Tuesday! I dragged all the way around, but still I pushed myself through all the running sections despite being tired. And being the stubborn cuss that I am, I even made myself do the "Big Hill" twice today. I did it, but with cement feet the whole way up. And since I was feeling off, I had to be extra careful running down the somewhat treacherous hill. I didn't want a repeat of the tumble that I took a few weeks ago and wind up with another bloody knee.

Could the twinklets have tired me out that much? Usually when I take a day off from my hike, the first day back is usually really good. Not today. Even the chocolate pudding an hour before didn't help today!

So no spectacular hike today. Just a weariness that I feel still as I write this. Another good night's rest is in order I think. And I can only hope that tomorrow is not a repeat of today. Time will tell...

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger E said...

Maybe you're human after all. A day where you are just average and running like a maniac up hills seems tiring...golly join the rest of us...

Well one will hope you figure it out by tomorrow...certainly wouldn't want two off days...and mind you in a row!

Actually good luck, but remember, somtimes we just need some off days.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Renee said...

ha,ha! Just average? Perish the thought! And hey, I often take two days off in a row!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home