Monday, July 25, 2005

Breakfast musings...

Good grief, I'm fixated on food lately! Last night at around 10:30 pm I started thinking and wishing for huevos rancheros. At least this is a food craving I can indulge in, unlike the fried chicken craving last week.

The trouble with craving huevos rancheros is that I couldn't just go downstairs and make myself some. Well I could, but they wouldn't taste the same as getting them at a restaurant. Believe me, I've tried and always wind up disappointed in the results.

Why is it that eggs seem to taste better out at restaurants? Is it the extra grease on the griddle that makes all the difference? I dunno. All I know is that I generally like breakfast foods like eggs whether they're fried or scrambled out at a restaurant better than at home.

So sometime this week, I'm gonna have to indulge my craving and go out for huevos rancheros with fried potatoes and fresh homemade tortillas. Until then though, I'll have to make do with a slice of toast slathered with peanut butter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home