Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Ahhhh....relief at last!

Yippeee! It's the evening of the 31st, and our deadline is over. We completed all the reports that we needed to before the contract went poof with the end of the fiscal year. Surprisingly, the client already issued us a new contract to continue the audits for the new fiscal year, and so we'll be able to continue our environmental auditing at a more reasonable pace....at say 3 or 4 audits a month and not 20 like Sarah and I did for the month of August.


Now that our schedule will go back to normal, tomorrow will seem like an easy, breezy day. I've already begun working on an investigation/assessment report and feel almost giddy because it's such a change of pace from those boring audits.

Every night for this past week I've had to go to mom's to feed the cat, play with the cat, water the plants, scoop the poops, water the grass, and check the mail. The first couple of days, Bogey could hardly be bothered with my presence and he was none too impressed with the canned food. By the third day, he was practically attacking me when I opened the door. I opened the back door for him to go out back for a bit of fresh air...and naturally he went to the extremely shady side of the house with no grass...and rolled in the dirt for several minutes while I watered mom's plants. While I was scooping his poops from the litter the other day he was meowing for me to let him into the garage so that he could roll around and bake himself in the heat. I kept telling him no...and that it was too hot...and yes I'm one of those people that actually talks to animals and pets. Well apparently Bogey did not like me telling him no that he couldn't go into the garage so as I walked out of the utility room toward the living room he lunged at my feet and gave me a good swat! Stinker! The next afternoon I decided to let him out in the garage to bask in the heat since he wanted to so badly. And yesterday evening while the sprinkler was going, I lay on mom's couch dozing and petting Bogey. Actually I just held my hand out over the side of the couch and he kinda petted himself!

My sister's been taking care of Bogey's dog brother, Dill. Dill is a little fox terrier that my sister rescued and gave to our parents two years ago. I offered to keep Dill here at animal central while mom and dad were in Europe, but I think that they were afraid that Dill would be overrun by my three bigger dogs. But Bogey will be reunited with Dill this weekend when my sister comes up to stay at the folk's house. I imagine that Bogey will drive my sister crazy the first day over there too. And I get a break from my chores at their house!

I'm looking forward to a more normal work routine for awhile. And I'm looking forward to seeing the checks for this just completed work come in the mail in the next 40 days. Ahhh...now that will be nice!

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger E said...

Congrats on a job well done.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk to your animals, eh? One of *those* people. That explains a lot. I've never done anything like >>Dangit, Jimmy, get off my keyboard<< that before. People who talk >>yes, Capo, I'll feed you in a minute. In the meantime, take your nasty-assed breath and go lay down in the other room << to their pets have always >>Ow, Speck, that's my stomach, not a pincushion<< struck me as a little odd, so it doesn't really surprise me >>Chelsea, if I give you a milkbone before bed, will you promise not to wake me up at 3:00am?<< that you do that ;)

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Well dabkey...I'm glad that you don't share my talkin' to animals habit. I mean people might think that you're bit off or something. But you have nothing to worry about there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home