Monday, August 15, 2005

What a great Monday!

I usually don't say that...what a great Monday! But I am today. I submitted a bid to our grocery chain client a few weeks ago, and last week she called and asked me to meet with her about another project. She's the type of client that we'd like to do more work for. Not so much because of her company although that is an important factor, but really more because she's straightforward, easy-going, honest, and just overall someone that's a pleasure to work with. On Friday I met with her to discuss the new project, and I took her to lunch.

So I was very excited to learn today that she awarded us both projects! I really didn't expect that we'd get both projects to be perfectly honest. And it's not because I think that she may think that we couldn't handle both, but many clients try to spread their work around to a few consultants to try to give everyone a little something. So that makes this award a real coup for us.

When I exclaimed to Sarah that I couldn't believe that we got both projects....she couldn't help but tweak me a little and say that it must have been my charisma that got us both projects!! That just made me laugh even more.

It's a banner day for our environmental consulting company. And what makes it even better is that our client needs us to invoice for the projects for the full amount even before we do them. Yee-ha! What a day!

On a completely unrelated note, I think I am really beginning to understand the powers that be that say that writing humor is difficult. Apparently, when I think I'm writing something with humor, I'm not. I imagine that subtle and dry humor are the most difficult to convey with the written word. So a double hats off to you Cousin for having the talent to write humor so well...me thinks I need some pointers!

2 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, I believe I know that of which you speak, and if it's any consolation...*I* thought it was funny ;)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger E said...

Humor...some found but mixed and weaved so tightly within the realm of the inner meaning. Hence more seemed to be said or seen than perhaps one wanted?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home