Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A First...

If I were to drive up to you in my car right now, what would you see? Well for one thing, you'd see a gaping hole on the front passenger side where my turn signal should be. You may wonder if perhaps my turn signal was broken and had to be removed. Oh no my friend, you'd be wrong.

Yesterday while I was hiking merrily away at my favorite park a thief was busy stealing my front passenger turn signal. Now I don't mean just the bulb, I mean the housing and all. All that's left is the electric plug and a hole!

So this is a first for me. I know people will steal just about anything, but a turn signal??!! The parts for my Passat can be expensive, but I had to have the other one replaced last year and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too terribly much. And yes, I'm sure that it was stolen as well as when and where. The evidence was quite clear!

The funny thing is, the park was fairly busy yesterday and there was quite a bit of activity in the parking lot both when I arrived and when I left. So the thief or thieves were quite brazen as well as adept in their thievery!

I suppose it could have been worse and they could have broken into my car. That's happened to both Sarah and Brad, and both had their laptops stolen as well as other things.

I guess I should be glad that all my thief was after was a turn signal from a Passat. It's a mad, mad world!

Cheers! And Happy New Year! I'm off to the dealer tomorrow!

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger E said...

I no longer understand this society. People are amazing and do amazing things, good and bad.

Sorry and good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home