Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I was pooped on yesterday...

Yep, I was literally pooped on yesterday! It was Sarah's first day back at work and she brought the twinklets with her. I think that she really wanted to get some routine and normalcy back into her life as quickly as possible. Of course it helps that our corporate office is my house so that helps with bringing the girls to work! And mom and daughters looked great.

Do you think you can tell anything about a person by how they react in certain situations with babies? Brad was thrilled to see the girls, but wouldn't hold either one. Brad is a dad, so I thought he'd be comfortable around babies. But he really looked squeamish. I was really surprised by his reaction, but and not that I minded, I wound up holding Ripley and eating lunch one handed. It just really made me wonder. Why was he so afraid and unwilling to help? They're just teeny tiny little babies. I guess I'm having trouble seeing his point of view because I like to hold them, and I'm not even one of those women that goes crazy for babies in general...I'm really quite particular. I think it's so easy for me to bond with the twinkets because I love their mom and their big brother. So I realize that I don't want to hold just any baby...having a bit of an emotional investment is important for me. So even given that, I still had trouble relating and empathizing with Brad's fear. I just don't get it. He said that they were just too small for his comfort. Hmmm, yeah I still don't get it. But I held my tongue and held Ripley and ate my lunch. She was content in my arms and I was content to hold her and eat and chat through lunch.

Ripley was pretty much in my charge all day since she was a bit fussy. But as long as she was held, she settled down and was peaceful. Her sister, Malone, slept most of the day so it was easy for Sarah to keep up with her work while keeping watch over Malone. I had just finished feeding Ripley which of course in babytime means it's time to poop....and at the very same time Sarah was having trouble with her laptop. While Sarah asked for computer help, Ripley grunted and groaned in my lap while doing her business. I walked over to Sarah....who took one look at me and burst out laughing...it seems that Ripley was a bit loosey-goosey...and so the front of her onesie as well as my arm and shirt were covered in lots of baby poopsy! Apparently Ripley had been saving me a present! I burst out laughing too...it really was funny and a bit pungent...but poor Brad scurried into the next room fearful of the baby poop. Sarah started laughing at my dilemma but for a split second she looked at my expression...I think momentarily fearful of my reaction to being completely and thorougly pooped on! I saw her relief when I started laughing and just immediately went about cleaning it all up. But Brad hid in the other room scared of the baby poopsy! It really didn't bother me at all. I didn't think it was gross...just messy and quite funny. Figures I'm holding Ripley when she decides to go for the world record size loosey-goosey poopsy! Does that mean anything that it didn't bother me in the least to be pooped on?! Well other than I'm just plain weird?! Now mind you I think my good humor in this type of situation applies to baby poop only. But once again Brad was scared. I don't get it.

So I was pooped on and survived....and I even thought it was funny! All in all it was a good day yesterday, and I look forward to more just like it... poop and all!

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

You're not weird. Baby poop is no biggie. I sure wouldn't freak out. Brad sounds like a twit.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Hmmm, twit...that's putting it nicely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home